National Bird Day 2021
The main objectives of managing the forests are as given below:-
1. Maintenance of the environmental stability and equilibrium and the ecological balance in the region.
2. Conservation of the natural forests with vast variety of flora and fauna for the preservation of the bio-diversity and the genetic resources.
3. Conservation of soil and water resources by checking soil erosion and denudation in the catch-ment areas.
4. Meeting the bonafide requirement of the local people for fuel wood, fodder, non-timber forest produce and small timber and safeguarding their rights and concessions.
5. Increasing the productivity of poor stocked and degraded forests by planting locally available fast growing (indigenous) tree species without adversely affecting naturally occurring trees.
6. Afforestation of barren and degraded areas through people’s participation.
7. To check encroachment in the forest areas.