Goa State Symbols
State Tree: Crocodile Bark Tree / Matti(Terminalia tomentosa)
State Animal: Gaur / Indian Bison (Bos gaurus)
State Bird: Ruby-Throated Yellow Bulbul (Pycnotus dispar)
State Butterfly; Malabar Tree Nymph (Idea malabarica)
Welcome To Forest Department
Forests of Goa form the part of Western Ghats, the region which have been internationally recognized as Biodiversity Hotspot of the world owing to its rich flora and fauna. Most of the Goan forests are located in the eastern region of the state. The forests of Goa are known for their grandeur and majesty. They are like a green pearl of the tourist paradise state. From Moist Mixed Deciduous Forests to Sub-Tropical Hill Forests, from Semi-Evergreen Forests to Evergreen Forests-the forests are the life supporting systems of the state as they are the store house of precious rivers & other natural resources.
- To protect, develop and manage the forest.
- To implement policies and programmes of the State Government with regard s to protection, development and management of forest and wildlife resources of the state.
- To enforce acts, laws, rules and regulations pertaining to the protection and management of forests and wildlife.
- To take steps for the implementation of the National Forest Policy.
- To recruit, train and deploy forestry personnel in protection, development and management of forests and wildlife.
- To undertake plantations....Read More
SHRI Dr. PRAMOD SAWANT
Cheif Minister, Forest Minister
SHRI PUNEET KUMAR GOEL IAS
SHRI PANKAJ ASTHANA IFS
Principal Chief Conservator of Forest
SHRI. SANTOSH KUMAR IFS
Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests & Chief Wildlife Warden
SHRI KESHAV KUMAR IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
SHRI SAURABH KUMAR IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
SHRI Dr. DINESH KANNAN IFS
Conservator of Forests
- Winners of Short Documentary Film competition, 70th Wildlife Week 2021
- Results of Online and Offline Competitions Held on the Occasion of 70th Wildlife Week, 2021
- Corrigendum: Notification For Filling Up Various Posts in Forest Department
- Notification For Filling Up Various Posts in Forest Department
- Revised Instructions to Candidates Towards Filling Up Various Posts in Forest Department
- Winners of Wildlife Week 2021
- Notice:- Wildlife Week Awareness Campaign 2021
- Review of Private Forest Areas Identified by the State Level Expert Committee (Thomas And Araujo Committee)
- List of objection & representations received as on date (26-03-2021)
- Ground Verification of the Private Forest
- Public notice regarding shifting of Forest Department Premises
- Scheme for Developement & cultivation of Medicinal Plants
- Format for expression of interest
- Medicinal Plants Subsidy Scheme
People and Forest
Forestry in India is passing through a crucial stage...
With 20% of its total geographical area...
Arboretum is a Latin word meaning thereby a ...
Disaster Management Communication Plan...
Schemes & Rules
The main objectives of managing the forests are...
State Medicinal Plants
India has 15 Agroclimatic zones and 17000-18000...
The main objectives of managing the forests are as given below:- 1. Maintenance of the environmental stability and equilibrium and the ecological balance in the region... Read More
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Goa State CAMPA, constituted vide Govt of Goa Notification dated 03.08.2009, receives funds... Read More